Roaming Computing System (Windows Edition) 3.3
A complete computing system for an organisation.
Workstations use Windows XP (SP3, 32-bit) with the following software:
Adobe Reader 8.1.2 SU1; Audacity 1.2.6; F-Prot 220.127.116.11 (and later through auto updates); FileZilla 3.1.2; Firefox 3.0.1; GIMP 2.4.7; InfraRecorder 0.45; Inkscape 0.46; Irfanview 4.20; KompoZer 0.7.10; OpenOffice 2.4.1; Picasa 2.7 build 37.49; Pidgin 2.5.0; Scribus 18.104.22.168; Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (with Lightning 0.8); Windows Media Player 11
7-Zip 4.57; Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5 for Firefox, Adobe Universal PostScript Driver 1.0.6; CCleaner (Slim) 2.11.636; CUPS PostScript printer driver for Windows 6.0; Enigmail 0.95.6 for Thunderbird; Eraser 5.82; Flash Player 126.96.36.199 for Firefox; GIMP Help 2-2.4; GNU Ghostscript 8.61 for Scribus; GnuPG 1.4.8 for Enigmail; Irfanview Plugins 4.20; K-Lite Codec Pack 4.1.0; Mail Redirect 0.7.4 for Thunderbird; Sun Java Runtime Environment 6.0 update 7; MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.26; MySpell dictionary (English - GB) 1.16 for Thunderbird; Nero BurnRights 188.8.131.52; Notepad++ 5.0.3; Ogg Codec Pack 0.71.0946; Pidgin OTR 3.2.0; Putty 0.60; UltraVNC 1.0.2; WinSCP 4.1.6; WPKG Client 1.2.1
- TWEAK 0.9.3 is used for configuration
The server uses Debian 4.0 'Etch', a Linux operating system. The Windows domain is provided by Samba 3.0.24. Print serving (optional) is provided by CUPS 1.2.7 and Samba. Mail serving is provided by Postfix 2.3.8, Dovecot 1.0 POP3/IMAP and SASL, AMaViS 2.4.2, Clam AntiVirus 0.93.1 (and later through auto updates), SpamAssassin 3.2.3 (and later, through updates), Squirrelmail 1.4.9a, Virtual Mail Manager 1.6 and goldfish 002. Desktop software auto deployment is provided by WPKG 1.0.2.
The firewall appliance uses pfSense 1.2.0.
- Release Notes - upgrade advice, known issues, continually updated
- General Changelog
- To-do list (plain text format)
- WPKG packages.xml changelog
- User Guide
- Connecting Thunderbird to your mailbox(es) (OpenDocument format) - a guide to setting up Thunderbird to connect to your mailbox(es). Consider printing it out and sticking it up on the wall.
Day-to-day Admin Guides
- Accidental Administrator's Guide
- Making user accounts - Windows domain accounts, mailboxes and forwardings
- Making user accounts - major proprietary applications
System Setup Guides
- Setting up the server
- Setting up the firewall
- Setting up a workstation (full install)
- Setting up a workstation (from image)
- Setting up a workstation - supplemental guide for major proprietary applications
Custom Files For System Setup
- packages.xml for WPKG
- profiles.xml for WPKG
- hosts.xml for WPKG
- Settings for WPKG Client (requires adding the organisation-specific domain name (in 'WPKG path user' or 'path-user') and winuser password (in 'WPKG path password' or 'path-password', note you must add this one from within WPKG Client as it's encrypted) then export to \\server\windows-admin\wpkg\wpkg-client\ for import to other workstations)
- ultravnc-installer-settings.inf - UltraVNC installer settings
- ultravnc-program-settings.reg - UltraVNC program settings (with 'Password' setting removed)